Corona Virus Updates
The Board of Trustees and Executive Committee have established a COVID 19 Preparedness Team. This Preparedness Team is meeting regularly and frequently, assessing the situation and making sure first and foremost all of our devotees have a safe experience.
COVID-19 has changed the very society that we live in to the point that we are now living in what is called the ” New Normal”.
As per the guidance given by CDC, Federal and State Authorities, the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee of the Hindu Temple of Central Indiana(HTCI) had taken the difficult decision to close the doors of your beloved Temple to the public in March.
Given the recent guidelines we are very pleased to inform you that HTCI doors will be opening for all to visit in person and seek Lord's blessings. Here are key highlights of how we plan to start temple operations:
- HTCI Doors open to the devotees starting - Saturday May 23, 2020
- The Temple doors will open for a shorter time duration till further notice.
- All devotees are required to schedule their visit online before visiting the Temple in person.
COVID 19 is still not behind us unfortunately. HTCI reopening comes to you under strict guidance and rules that will need to be followed by all to help keep you, your family, HTCI employees and the society secure and safe in these unprecedented times.
GENERAL GUIDANCE IN EFFECT:
- PER THE GUIDANCE OF THE STATE AND CITY, LIMITED NUMBER OF DEVOTEES PER DAY WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE TEMPLE PREMISES.
- ALL MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY 65 YEARS AND OLDER OR WHO HAVE SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITIONS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO ATTEND ANY LARGE GROUP ACTIVITIES IN GENERAL.
- ALL DEVOTEES WISHING TO VISIT THE TEMPLE WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN UP ONLINE FOR THE DAY OF THEIR CHOICE.
- ALL DEVOTEES ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS WHILE INSIDE THE TEMPLE PREMISES. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN MASKS AND GLOVES.
- ALL DEVOTEES ARE ENCOURAGED TO WASH THEIR HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER BEFORE ENTERING THE TEMPLE.
- HAND SANITIZERS ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE, BUT DEVOTEES ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING THEIR OWN ALSO.
- ALL ARE REQUESTED TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE OF AT LEAST 6 FEET
- IF ANYONE IS EXPERIENCING THE SYMPTOMS OF FEVER, COLD, COUGH, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, OR MAY HAVE THE LIKELIHOOD OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19, WE HUMBLY REQUEST YOU TO STAY HOME AND SEEK MEDICAL HELP AND NOT VISIT THE TEMPLE.
Detailed guidelines will be communicated to you shortly outlining the process put in place by the HTCI management that will include everything from scheduling your visit for Darshan to ordering food for carry out.
All HTCI activities including Poojas will still be available online for you and your family to take part virtually .
Your support is very much needed as we prepare to open the Temple Doors for you and your family to visit. We look forward to your continued support and contribution to cover Temple Operations in this difficult period.
We thank you for your understanding and request your cooperation in remaining vigilant and adapting to the New Norm.