Puja Service Policies
Puja/Service cost policy:
- Puja/Service Charges to Temple can be either paid by cash or check (Payable to “Hindu Temple of Central Indiana” or HTCI) on the day of the puja with priest or in advance at temple.
- Puja/service costs vary based on the distance of the service location from the temple.
- Please note that this Puja / service costs DOES NOT INCLUDE the following:
- Travel mileage expenses and Dakshina amount need to be paid to the priest after the services.
- Please provide Dakshinas/Sambhavana for the Priest by cash/check.
- Transportation for the priest is at the discretion of the devotee. Devotee can pick and drop the priest at the temple before and after the services. Alternatively, if Devotee wants the priest to drive, then there will be mileage charge of 57.5 cents/mile (as per IRS 2020 mileage guidelines) and total miles will be calculated to and from temple address to your home. Mileage charges are in addition to Dakshina.
Puja/Service Temple policy:
- Basic Puja setup has to be done by devotee and he/she should be ready with the item list suggested by priest for the puja. Additional charges of $50/hour will apply if the delay is because of devotee's unpreparedness for the Puja or time of the puja is changed without 48 hour notice.
- For pujas scheduled at temple location, devotees are expected to arrive 30 minutes prior to puja start time. It is devotee's responsibility to clean the puja area after the puja is over. Private puja at temple can be scheduled only during temple timings listed on our website.
- In case of Private Puja / Service scheduled at temple, there will be additional charges for temple dining hall/kitchen usage if applicable.
- Change in date/time/location of service need to be notified 7 days in advance to avoid change fee.
- Cancellation Fee for private puja @ temple:
- Cancelling prior to 7 days $20
- Within 7 days for any puja $40
- Cancellation Fee for private puja @ home:
- Cancelling prior to 7 days $50
- Within 7 days for any puja $75